Charity Shop Volunteer
(We’re currently recruiting for Charity Shop Volunteers)
Charity Shop volunteers are a crucial part of the Home-Start volunteer team. They’re dedicated to raising funds to support families that Home-Start Wirral work with. This is by by selling items of clothing, homeware, toys, books, games, music, dvds and collectors items in Claughton Village, Wirral.
Will I be the right sort of person to volunteer at a charity shop?
Home-Start volunteers are all ages and from all walks of life. All that we ask of you is that your a great team player, reliable, punctual, make customers feel welcome and can spare at least a morning or an afternoon a week.
What will being a volunteer involve?
Volunteers will work as a team to follow the charity shop task rota. This will involve preparing the shop for opening (i.e. cleaning, tidying, steaming clothes, arrangement), replenishing stock on the shop floor, sorting stock for the shop floor, window dressing, cash handling, welcoming customers, and helping close the shop at the end of the day.
Being a Home-Start volunteer means offering friendship to parents and spending time with families in a way that meets their needs.
What will I gain from being a Home-Start volunteer?
- Work towards a qualification in retail or customer service (Optional)
- Retail experience and customer service skills.
- You will be helping a family to cope with the pressures they are facing and make a real difference to the lives of parents and their children
- You will receive support and training to prepare you for all aspects of your role with Home-Start
- You will make new friends and have lots of fun
- You will develop new skills through ongoing monthly training, and have some wonderful experience to add to your CV
- Out of pocket expenses will be paid
I’m not a parent, can I still get involved?
Yes you can still get involved.
Find out more about roles for people who are not parents here.