(We’re currently recruiting for Trustee Volunteers – 11/12/2016)
Trustees serve on the governing body (board) of a charity and are responsible for directing the management and administration of the charity. They have a wide range of duties and are responsible for making the charity effective, providing overall direction and maintaining sound management of funds.
The Family Representative Trustee sits on the Board to provide some much needed insight into the work we do because they themselves will have received support from Home-Start.
What would my commitment be as a Home-Start Trustee?
The Board of Trustees meet bi-monthly, 6 times a year. They volunteer their time and skills for free, providing valuable expertise on a wide range of subjects.
What skills are Home-Start Wirral looking for in a Trustee?
A wide range of abilities and experience are useful to an organisation such as Home-Start Wirral. These may include general business management, financial and business expertise, IT knowledge, human resources experience, PR and media skills, along with a knowledge of family support issues in the community.
What will I gain from being a Home-Start volunteer?
- Being involved with your community and knowing you are making a real difference to the lives of parents and their children
- You will receive support and training to prepare you for all aspects of your role with Home-Start
- You will make new friends and have lots of fun
- You will enhance and develop new skills through ongoing monthly training, and have some wonderful experience to add to your CV
- Build confidence and provide many opportunities for personal development for future employment.
- Out of pocket expenses will be paid
Find out more about roles for people who are not parents here.