(We’re currently recruiting for Volunteer Fundraisers)
Friends of Home Start Wirral
Home-Start Wirral is looking for friends. We want you to help us to raise funds. Unfortunately it is becoming increasingly difficult to raise the funds needed to continue our work. We need individuals/businesses whose interests are consistent with those of Home-Start Wirral and whose objectives are to collect/raise money and raise awareness to support the activities of the organisation.
Do you work for a company that offers fund matching for charitable events? Schemes like this can literally double any funds raised.
What would fundraising involve?
Fundraising can take many forms and is only limited by your imagination. We are always happy to offer help and support to individuals or companies looking to hold fundraising events on our behalf. From tea parties to quiz nights to sponsored walks, there are many ways to raise funds to support our work. If you have any great ideas about fundraising events we would love to hear from you.
Corporate sponsorship can brings many benefits to a company and even small donations can make a big difference to our scheme. If your company would like to contribute to the work of Home-Start Wirral we would love to hear from you! We would also be happy to come and speak to your staff about the role we play and how they could help. Companies can sponsor special events such as Christmas parties or our summer trips. They can also make unrestricted donations, which we put towards our core work.
What will I gain from being a Home-Start volunteer?
- You will be helping a family to cope with the pressures they are facing and make a real difference to the lives of parents and their children
- You will receive support and training to prepare you for all aspects of your role with Home-Start
- You will make new friends and have lots of fun
- You will develop new skills through ongoing monthly training, and have some wonderful experience to add to your CV
- Out of pocket expenses will be paid
Find out more about roles for people who are not parents here.