Volunteer Mini Bus Driver
(We are currently not operating a mini bus and therefore have no current requirement for drivers – 03/09/2017)
Volunteer Mini Bus Drivers form a crucial part of the Home-Start volunteer team. Transport issues can be a real barrier to families with young children taking advantage of the services and facilities of Home-Start Wirral, especially those at the Home-Start Hub. You will be making a real difference to the families that use our services and making possible many activities that would otherwise be prohibitively expensive.
Will I be the right sort of person to volunteer as a mini bus driver?
If you are between 21 and 68 years old, enjoy meeting new people and hold a full clean driving licence, you could be part of our Mini Bus team.
What will being a volunteer involve?
A commitment and willingness to support families with young children and have time to spare on a regular basis.
What will I gain from being a Home-Start volunteer?
- You will be helping a family to cope with the pressures they are facing and make a real difference to the lives of parents and their children
- You will receive support and training to prepare you for all aspects of your role with Home-Start
- You will make new friends and have lots of fun
- You will develop new skills through ongoing monthly training, and have some wonderful experience to add to your CV
- Out of pocket expenses will be paid
I’m not a parent, can I still get involved?
Yes you can still get involved.
Find out more about roles for people who are not parents here.